Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Year's Crafty Resolutions....

Well, with a new year, comes new resolutions. Last year my primary resolution was to have a completely period, Spanish outfit from the skin out. Hmm...maybe that was a bit too much to 'chew on' in one year.

That said, I did accomplish alot last year on that task.

1. Rope corset...completed except for the shoulder straps.
2. Matching farthingale....almost done (have to accost Deanna at Home Depot to get more lumber strapping to finish the last 3 bands).
3. Remade plain chemise into a bias bound, striped chemise (looks very nifty even if I do say so myself!!)
4. Made a late period wool coat-dress.
5. Remade my purple dress into a split skirt dress. I still have to add the contrast binding around the edges.
6. Started making split pane, cap sleeves for my purple dress. (Have the parts cut and sewn, just need to put them on the actual dress now).
7. Made velvet veil. LOOOOVE IT!! It looks SO much better on me than the plain white head roll I have been wearing for the last 8 years! Now to score more velvet so I can make MANY more of them. :)

Projects that I want to finish for my 'complete Spanish' outfit...

1. Red underskirt with black guards. (Have the material...just need to make it)
2. Make brocade 'farthingale dress' - have the material...just am afraid to cut it (what can I say, I'm not a completely confident seamstress and this pattern is new to me).
3. Finish my knitted silk, 16th C. stockings and garters.
4. Make a pair of chopines -- kind of like a pair of 16th C. platform shoes (before the Crossroads event since last year they would've been VERY handy due to all of the rain!!)
5. Make a silk or organza sash for my dresses.
6. Make a pair of 'bloomers' from the Venetian courtesan pattern (unless I can find some better info about Spanish undies)

Ugh...where to begin. Probably on the UFOs from last year.

By Feb. 20th (Golden Lily and Cillian's fencing prize):
1. Get farthingale done
2. Finish corset
3. Make red underskirt

By Crossroads (in March):

1. Just one thing...CHOPINES!
2. Okay...if I have time I'd like to have the split-cap sleeves on the purple dress and a set of tie on sleeves for my green dress.

By the end of 2010 I would also like to make a black and red linen dress so that I can FINALLY have a new 'day event' dress. I've been wearing the same purple and olive dresses since 2004!

Heres to a new year and new crafts! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment